23.3.09

Reclaiming yarn.

I finished a beautiful cowl with fingering weight yarn, but I am seriously doubt I'll ever wear it. It was finished about two months ago and the ends are still hanging out. I'm going to rip it later. RIP cowl. I'm looking for a new pattern to use the yarn that I'm "reclaiming".

I'm about 3/4 the way done with the adorable Garter Stitch Loop Through Scarf. It's in the 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders. I bought some rayon yarn last Thursday and it's really ideal for the pattern I think. Not to mention that I almost died of excitement when I researched rayon. It ended up not only being lovely to touch, but it's CHEMISTRY. Oh yaay chem plus knitting. It's a mixture of carbon oxygen and hydrogen. I've got to say that looking up the different fibers that yarn is made of really makes me happy. Like dralon.

No comments: